Thursday, January 21, 2010

On a search for new beginnings

Have you ever worked somewhere you just didn't like? I do collections, It has it's advantages and disadvantages. the disadvantage of this job is the pressure to reach goals that are not always achievable, and when achieved its never enough. The managers always say it's like the lotto sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Everyday I hear sad stories, and people cant pay anything, but I have to continuously push them for a payment they may not have. Not only that but we have too dig deep into there personal business sometimes to find out how they are paying there other bills , and I feel that isn't right. Its one thing to advise them of the payment plans we can offer, but these same people gets calls everyday or every other day from 8am to 10 pm . Majority of the clients are so mad they yell and scream at you just plan old rude for no reason, and I have to fight to let them know that I'm trying to help. What makes my job ten time harder is the incomplete information the company wants you to follow, but the managers don't know exactly how it works and mark points off your calls say you need more coaching, but later in the month or the next month you find out what you did on the call was perfect, but now when you try to go back to get that last call corrected the manager don't want to go back and now they have a different reason why you were marked off for the call, but they cant explain it.
The advantage is I have a job, it pays well, I am able to work the morning shift so I'm home early, and I have benefits. I have my own desk with my own personal space. Their is a cafe in the building, and the company allows my to contribute to different charities, and volunteer work . There are not many advantages, and as I been told their is always something you don't like about your job. I feel this job is above that. The funny thing is I'm doing well at the the job, but I don't care to much for doing it.That's why I'm on a search for new beginnings. I have to fined something I like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment